Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mission Accomplished

After last weekends race at Booker T Washington State Park in Chattanooga I have officially secured enough points to earn the state champions' jersey in the clydesdale class.

http://tbra.org/seriesstandings_2008.php?type=mountain&mode=racer&catid=54&Submit=Submit

The Booker T race was a little disappointing as far as competetion goes. My friend Shawn and Daniel who is closest in points both missed this race. My time was 11:27 ahead of 2nd place. I cleaned up, changed clothes and ate before anyone else finished.

http://www.tbra.org/results/2008/20080831_bookert.htm

My wife Ginger went to the race with me. It was nice to have family at the race although I almost took her out on a water bottle hand up. I told her to have a bottle ready for me but I forgot to tell her how and when she tried to walk to me I almost ran over her.

Booker T was in great shape. Since last year the Chatt folks have built berms on many of the turns. That makes for more fun and a little faster course. I always appreciate a race that starts on time and we did. It did seem like it took a long time to do awards though.

One more race in the series. Next week we go back to Lock 4 in Gallatin. Lock 4 is one of my favorite venues. I think both Shawn and Daniel will be at the race and mayby some other new comers. I would love to have a big group at the line.

TBRA Series results:
Chickasaw Trace 3rd
White Lightning TT 1st
White Lightning XC 2nd
Montgomery Bell 1st
Mouse Tail 1st
Haw Ridge 1st
Lock 4 1st
Stanky Creek TT 1st
Stanky Creek XC 1st
Booker T Washington 1st
Lock 4 ?????????

2 comments:

ZaskarLE said...

Weigh to go man. See you in Expert next year?

Thomas said...

you should race Lock 4 on a cyclocross bike wearing a gorilla suit! But I wouldn't go with a fixed gear. Coasting is way too much fun!

Followers



Grand Master Clydesdale

Riding my bike makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. I'm 54 years old and a clydesdale. I'm happily married to Ginger and I've got a son and two daughters, Zach, Hannah and Molly.