Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October Rides and Stuff

Thursday night we have been doing a road ride from the Fountain City Peddler bike shop. Last Thursday we decided to do a little different ride. We rode out from the shop and on to Market Square.

Luke and James at Preservation Pub.
Photobucket

The group, Jen, Jaques, James, Luke and me.
Photobucket

Saturday John Baker and I "worked" as course marshalls at the inaugrial Windrock XC race. Everyone seemed to have a good time except for a couple of missed turns.
Photobucket

Getting ready to start.
Photobucket

JB hard at work.
Photobucket

We hauled water and beer to the top of the ridge. Nobody took any water.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The views from the top of the ridge were fantastic.
Photobucket


On Sunday I built some ladder bridges to see if we could make something that would work at Hastie.
I had a lot of help from Lulu the wonder dog.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The bridge is 15 or 16 feet long and gradually tapers to a 4X4 I placed at the end. After a couple of runs it was easily rideable.

No comments:

Followers



Grand Master Clydesdale

Riding my bike makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. I'm 54 years old and a clydesdale. I'm happily married to Ginger and I've got a son and two daughters, Zach, Hannah and Molly.