Friday, April 4, 2008

Clipper on a Bicycle

It looked like I was the only one left without a blog so I thought I would get in on the act.

It has been a hectic week. Sunday was the first real mountain bike race. Chickasaw Trace in Columbia, TN hosted the first TBRA race of the season. We had some rain in Knoxville Friday and Saturday but no where near the 2 1/2" Columbia received. The course was a muddy mess. I think it was the muddiest ride I have done in years. I left the house just after 5:30 AM Sunday to pick up Kevin Trent to go to the race and I pulled in at home just before 10:00PM. Long day.

I placed 3rd clydesdale in the race and Kevin got 6th. I tried to jump off the front at the start and trailed only 2 or 3 of the grand masters who started with us. The single tract was very sloppy and I was glad I was out front. Too much pushing did me in. Slick roots and rocks made the climbs hit or miss. Oh well. All in all I guess it was OK. However, if I am going to reach my goal of state champion clydesdale I think I will need to do a little better.

Wednesday I did a big leg workout in the gym. I have been limping around on sore hamstrings and quads the rest of the week. BHann talked me into a ride Wed afternoon and I should never have gone.

Work problems have kept me running all week long. I am a salesman and I had two different vendors with quality issues that required my attention.

On the plus side, we have been building a new trail at Hastie Natural Area in Knoxville. BHann and I rode it for the first time Wednesday. I have to say it was pretty cool. two and a half months ago there was just an idea in my and Brian's heads about a trail. It still needs a few tweaks but overall it is pretty cool.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Welcome to blogtown Randy!!! I like your blog! See you soon!
Rach

Thomas said...

cool blog! I had fun riding with you and the crew last night!

Followers



Grand Master Clydesdale

Riding my bike makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. I'm 54 years old and a clydesdale. I'm happily married to Ginger and I've got a son and two daughters, Zach, Hannah and Molly.