Thursday, April 10, 2008

I get around

Another busy week.

Ginger and I spent the weekend in Atlanta. We did a little sight seeing and a little shopping and a lot of hanging out. I found a good deal on a nice room at the Crown Plaza. It was nice to get away and have some one on one time. We hit Ikea on Sat. and several bike shops on Sunday. We took the long way home up I575 to Elijay and back thru Copperhill and Ocoee. We stopped to picnic next to the river and then came back up 411.

Most of you know that I put in a lot of miles in my job. Monday I drove from Fountain City to Andersonville to White Pine to Mount Juliet. About 300 miles. Monday evening I took off to ride at Hamilton Creek in Nashville. This place makes Pinhoti look like a paved trail. It was very technical but also a lot of fun. I think I rode everything that was there but I was without a computer so I don't have a good idea of the milage.

Tuesday was more of the same. Mount Juliet to LaFayette, TN to Hodginville, KY to Murray, KY. with a stop at Land Between the Lakes to ride the Canal Loop. About 375 miles. If you have never ridden the Canal Loop, it is worth a trip. It is an 11 mile loop and you can connect to the North South trail to get another 25 or so. There is a TBRA race at Canal Loop April 19th and 20th. Time trial Sat. and XC on Sun. Western Ky received a lot of rain last week. The trail was in great shape except for the parts that were under about 3' of water. While I was bushwhacking around the lake overflow I caught my shorts on a bush and ripped the whole ass out of a $100 pair of shorts.

Wednesday went from Murray to Benton, KY to back home. As soon as I got home I turned around and went to Haw Ridge for the weinnie ride. We had a good ride with Brian N and Matt setting a pretty good pace up and down the ridge. It was the first time I've ridden Roller Coaster on my SS. I think we had 9 or 10 29ers with no 26" wheels and only one deraillier equipped bike in the bunch. Riders included PeterPanic, Keith W, Stumpy, Beau, MudGobbler and None (sorry if I left anyone out). Good group and a good ride. My legs were ready for some rest after 3 hard days on the trail.

Thursday was only home to Andersonville to home to Tazewell where I played some customer golf. 79 thank you very much in only my 2nd round of the year.

I think I'm ready to rest now!

No comments:

Followers



Grand Master Clydesdale

Riding my bike makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. I'm 54 years old and a clydesdale. I'm happily married to Ginger and I've got a son and two daughters, Zach, Hannah and Molly.