Friday, May 9, 2008

Too much driving not enough riding

Over 3000 miles driving in the last two weeks...That's too much. The driving along with a work/golf trip have wrecked my back.

Last week I spent Wed thru Sat night in Destin, Fla. We played golf every day. I used to play a lot of golf and was fairly competitive but anymore, I hurt too much after playing. I took my road bike and got in about an hour of riding in a 30 mph wind with some nice folks who lived down there.

http://www.eccyclists.com/

I got home around midnight Sat night. I really wanted to get out to Hastie Sun morning and managed to get 300 or 400 yards of trail done. It looks good. Afterwards, I rode Hastie for about an hour. I did the easy loop up and back two or three times and then rode the new part. Right now I think there is about 3/4 of a mile of the new part. There are still a few trees down that have to be crossed but most of it rides great. After Hastie, I went over to Forks of te River and tried to get lost for a couple of hours. There is some great riding at FOR. It's too bad it is "closed" half the year. I never did get lost. I did recognize some trails from following BHann's wheel thru there on some of his rides.

I didn't get to ride anymore until I got back in town Wed for the weinnie ride. I must have been rested or something because I felt great the whole ride. Climbing Rainbow almost seemed easy...whats up with that? Musta been good and rested!

Today I posted my Prophet for sale.
Photobucket

I'm going all in on the 29er. I really like the Prophet but it is a bit small for me at 19". I plan to take the funds and go 1 X 9 on my El Mariachi.

Photobucket

I'm going to ad a fork and buy a wheel set and then run my Redline Monocog 29 as a SS.

I'm going to try to get some miles in this week. I have my youngest daughter's high school graduation Friday night. A work party Saturday night at a customer's house and a race at Montgomery Bell on Sunday. In the TBRA points standing, I am leading the clydesdale class after 3 races. So, I guess I will try to go to all the TBRA races.

Tune in next week for some exciting graduation pictures and maybe some race stuff.

No comments:

Followers



Grand Master Clydesdale

Riding my bike makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. I'm 54 years old and a clydesdale. I'm happily married to Ginger and I've got a son and two daughters, Zach, Hannah and Molly.