Sunday, January 3, 2010




The first Snake Creek Gap time trail of the year was yesterday. On the ride out to the start the temp was 19*. Normally that's not so bad but about 1.5 miles in we had to cross a small river


I thought I got too wet crossing until I found this picture of Kevin. After going through the water I thought the 3 mile climb would warm my hands and feet up to acceptable warmth. Nope. Close to the top I stopped for about 10 minutes to put toe warmers in my shoes. That helped until I got them wet again towards the end of the first half.

At the midway rest stop I took about 20 minutes to warm my toes and change into dry socks. It didn't help. My feet felt like two blocks of ice for the rest of the race.

My 5:04 time was one of the slowest times I've ever had at the Snake. All I could think of for the last half of the race was getting back to my car and warming my feet with the heater. Around the 20 mile mark my body was screaming "Hey you dumbass! You havn't done more than a 2 hour ride in months. What are you doing?"

NWGA SORBA always puts on a great event, even under tough conditions. Even though I was pretty miserable for most of the race, I'm looking forward to Feb. already.

No comments:

Followers



Grand Master Clydesdale

Riding my bike makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. I'm 54 years old and a clydesdale. I'm happily married to Ginger and I've got a son and two daughters, Zach, Hannah and Molly.